“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Prous
Being kind isn't difficult. Once you set your mindset to ‘Kind,' you might notice all sorts of opportunities throughout your day to reach out and be kind to someone.
As a bonus, you will also notice that doing something kind can make you feel happier and more fulfilled. Scientists call this ‘the helper's high.' Altruistic acts trigger the same endorphins as a ‘runner's high'!
After the chaos and everything being so upside down for the last couple of years, I was thinking how grateful I am to still be alive and healthy each day and that this day would be a great time to show unexpected kindness to others.
There are many ways to do this, here are just a few. You can add your own.
- Say please and thank you. (you would be surprised how many people don’t do this)
- Smile at a stranger.
- Hold the door for the next person.
- Let someone with only a few items go in front of you in the grocery store.
- Hug your loved ones.
- If you're going to the store, ask your neighbor if you can pick anything up for them.
- Volunteer at your local soup kitchen or shelter.
- Buy a surprise gift for someone.
- Give some coins to a street entertainer.
- Pledge to stop grousing for a week.
- Donate your excess art supplies or craft materials to an elementary school.
- Encourage your kids to sort through their stuff and donate items in good condition to charity.
- Notice what someone is wearing or doing and pay a few compliments.
- Reach out to family members or friends, send a text message, or call them to see how they are.
Any one of the above will be well received and could give someone a better day. I wish all of you a very happy Valentine’s day and a really wonderful year.
‘Til Next Time
Have a kind hearted week
Live life with abundance
I’m success coach, clinical hypnotherapist, author and entrepreneur Hazel Palache and if you have any questions I would love to connect with you. Over my 30 years as a Mindset Expert I’ve helped many hundreds of people to change their lives and businesses so they are living a life they love with less stress and more fun.
Everything I write about I’ve been through and come out the other side myself so, although I have lots of training, I speak from vast personal experience.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Linked In to keep up with new programs and products. If you would like to receive the International Weekly Wisdom to kick start your week, visit www.LiveYourAbundantLife.com.