These tips were designed to help you to stay true to yourself and to help you to give yourself permission to follow your dreams.
- Regardless of what other people may say or think, give yourself permission to
have dreams and goals in your life. If you want to learn how to climb a mountain,
learn another language or spend hours painting, just go for it. If you are not doing something you love, change it. Tired of the corporate world, start your own
- Remember that you have only one life and you own it, so how you choose to
spend your life is up to you. Life is too short to keep putting things off until next
week or next year. Start making plans that will help you to achieve your dreams.
- Write out your dreams on paper. You might also want to create a life vision board
so that you can see every day how you want your life to look. This will make them
more real to you on a subconscious level. (if you're not sure how to do this, contact me at Hazel@HazelPalache.com and we can set up a no obligation complimentary 25 minute phone chat.)
- Start planning and creating an action plan so you know how you are going to
achieve the outcome you want. Do you need to learn a new skill? Take certain
lessons? Or, perhaps you have to save the money to make it happen?
- Create your action plan with things you can do immediately to get started. It
often helps to break down larger goals into smaller ones. This makes them more
manageable and easier to attain.
- Don't allow other people to stop you from reaching your goal. Don't listen to negativity. Believe in your own ability to achieve what you want so that you stay motivated and on track.
- Stay realistic. Ensure that your end goal is something that is achievable. For
example; it would not be realistic to dream of climbing a mountain if you are
terrified of heights!
- Be authentic. If people have objections listen to them, then show them your
action plan. If you map out your steps to reach your goal and can clearly show
this to others, objections will become fewer as time goes on.
- While working to achieve your dreams you don’t want to lose your friends and
family because they don't agree. Take time to discuss your plans with anyone who
is really concerned. After all, most people do have your best interests at heart.
However, don't allow naysayers to sabotage what you believe and what you want
to achieve in your life.
- Ensure that what you want to achieve is something you are doing for yourself, not because someone else thinks you should. Don’t do something just to prove a point
to someone else. It’s your life so live it the way you choose too.
When you believe in yourself, whether it’s in your personal or professional life, setting goals and creating a plan of action, sets you up to achieve anything you want.
If you need any support or input and you’d like to chat or ask questions, please contact me at; Hazel@HazelPalache.com